1. JonBenet’s first name is what is know as a “portmanteau” given that her call is a combination of her father’s first and middle name, creating a entirely new name.
2. JonBenet was a decorated allure pageant opponent winning titles such as Little Miss Colorado, Little Miss Charlevoix, Colorado State All-Star Kids Cover Girl, America’s Royale Miss, and National Tiny Miss Beauty.
3. Examiners experienced 38 registered sex offenders within a 1.8 mile radius of the Ramsey’s Boulder, Colorado home.
4. Jon Bennett Ramsey, JonBenet’s father, was the President and Chief operating officer of Access Graphics, a computer services company. In 1996, the same year as JonBenet’s murder, Access Graphics grossed over$ 1 billion, and he was named” Entrepreneur of the Year” by the Boulder Chamber of Commerce.
5. Although JonBenet’s half brother from her father’s first wedlock expended half of Christmas day with the Ramseys, her mothers Patsy and John and 9-year-old friend Burke are the only people known to have been in the family dwelling the evening of her murder.
6. At 5:52 AM on the morning of December 26 th, 1996, Patsy called 911 to report her daughter was missing after finding a two page ransom memorandum on the back staircase of their own families mansion, allegedly to be from someone who had seized JonBenet in the middle of the night.
7. There was a phone call prior to Patsy’s from the Ramsey household to 911, but whoever became that phone call immediately hung up.
8. The ransom memorandum is a level of impression for many people, given that it was proven to have been written in the Ramsey household, a “practice” ransom note was located, and several handwriting analysis experts have determined “its been” very probable that Patsy herself wrote the letter.
9. The letter speaks as follows 😛 TAGEND
Listen carefully! We are a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction. We do respect your bussiness[ sic] but not the country that it helps. At this time we have your daughter in our posession[ sic ]. She is safe and unharmed and if you crave her to ensure 1997, you must follow our educations to the letter.
You will withdraw $118,000.00 from your history. $100,000 will be in $100 legislations and the remaining $18,000 in $20 invoices. Acquire assured that you make an appropriate sizing attache to the bank. When you get home you will place the money in a chocolate-brown paper bag. I will call you between 8 and 10 am tomorrow to instruct you on bringing. The delivery is likely to be wearying so I admonish you to be rested. If we observe you getting the money early, we might call you early to set an earlier delivery of the money and hence a[ sic] earlier delivery pick-up of your daughter.
Any deviation of my instructions will result in the immediate execution of your daughter. You will also be denied her continues for proper burying. The two gentlemen watching over your daughter do not specially like you so I admonish you not to elicit them. Speaking to anyone about your situation, such as Police, F.B.I ., etc ., will result in your daughter being beheaded. If we catch you talking to a stray hound, she croaks. If you alert bank sovereignties, she expires. If the money is in any behavior commemorated or manipulated with, she croaks. You will be searched for electronic designs and if any are procured, she expires. You can try to deceive us but be was indicated that we are familiar with law enforcement countermeasures and tactics. You countenance a 99% hazard of killing your daughter if you try to out smart[ sic] us. Follow our the directives and you accept a 100% probability of get her back.
You and your family are under constant scrutiny as well as the authorities. Don’t try to grow a psyche John. You are not the only fat cat around so don’t think that killing is very difficult. Don’t underestimate us John. Use that good southern common sense of yours. It is up to you now John!
10. Another quality of feeling in regards to the ransom note is the specificity of the amount of money. It was almost the exact sum of what John Ramsey’s Christmas bonus had been that year.
11. Despite being instructed not to contact anyone in the ransom letter, Patsy called the authorities as well and sidekicks and family to alert them to her daughter’s disappearance.
12. When police entered the house they did a cursory rummage, but after failing to find any signal of a break in, skirmish, or pushed entryway, only sectioned of JonBenet’s room and treated the vistum as a kidnapping.
13. Because the murder took place during Christmas, there used to be fewer police available to take announcements from the Ramsey family and to secure the house. This to be translated into JonBenet’s room not being properly sectioned off, friends and family coming and going from the members of this house infecting the incident, and other indiscretions that basically made any DNA evidence unusable.
14. During a 2015 Reddit AMA, former Police Chief Mark Beckner said,” As for the police department in general, I please we would have done a much better job of securing and controlling the felony scene on day one…We also should have separated John and Patsy and get full affirmations from them that day .”
15. At 1 PM Boulder Police Detective Linda Arndt suggested that John Ramsey and his sidekick Fleet White search through the house to see if they could spot if” anything seemed amiss .” While seeming through the basement, the two men discovered the body of JonBenet.
15. JonBenet was bound by her wrists and ankles with a nylon cord, had duct videotape over her mouth, and was covered in a white-hot blanket. John Ramsey immediately carried her upstairs and Detective Arndt moved her into the living room.
16. Patsy claimed the clothes JonBenet was found in( lily-white t-shirt and leggings) were not what she had thrown her daughter to berthed wearing the darknes before.
18. The autopsy report was indicated that JoneBenet had been killed by strangulation( likely with the nylon cord wrap around her cervix) and likewise had a skull fracture. Her vaginal neighbourhood had been mopped down, but there wasn’t any physical evidence of” conventional rape .” There was some sort of undigested fruit, is considered to potentially be pineapple, in her stomach that had been downed just a few hours before she died.
19. In photographs taking into consideration the Ramsey household, there was a bowl of pineapple with a spoonful on the kitchen counter. The bowl and the spoon were covered in 9-year-old Burke’s fingerprints. Both John and Patsy said they had no remember of putting pineapple out for either of “their childrens”, and adamantly was held that Burke had been asleep the entire darknes and woke up several hours after they called the police to report JonBenet missing.
20. After calling 911, Patsy speculated she had hung up the phone but it was actually still on the line for a few seconds and articulations were audible.
21. On the 911 see voices can be heard in the background during those seconds when the phone was not actually hung up .~ ATAGEND Some speculate that they can hear Patsy saying,” Help me Jesus ,” or” What did you do ?” and being, maybe John Ramsey, saying,” We’re not speaking to you .”
22. Kimberly Archuleta, the 911 dispatcher who took Patsy Ramsey’s call, was not questioned by the police.
23. Burke Ramsey, when questioned by the police about “whats happened to” JonBenet, maintained( both as a child and to this day) that he was in berthed when the 911 ask was made.
25. A window in the basement was found to be broken, however it didn’t seem likely to be an actual, feasible point of entry for a break in. The window remained quite unclean( an invader would have likely wiped most of the debris away while slithering through ), it wasn’t actually found to be open at the time of writing of investigation( reports vary on this ), and a spider network in the area was wholly undisturbed.
26. It was however reported that there were” two situates of unidentifiable footprints” and a” palm publication on the cellar entrance” in the cellar where JonBenet’s body was received.
27. In 1999 there was an indictment against the Ramseys for two countings of child neglect that resulted in the martyrdom of JonBenet. However, District Attorney Alex Hunter refused to sign off on the documents stating shortfall of ground, and therefore they were never actually impeached and/ or prosecuted.
28. There was( and is still not) wild speculation that JonBenet had been sexually abused/ assaulted, both during her life and during her assassination. When she was around 3 years old she was brought to the doctor for vaginal discomfort, but her parents and the doctor stated that was simply from an allergic reaction to bubble bathtub. JonBenet was also a known bedwetter, which can be a sign of trauma and abuse in children. Lastly, although no seminal fluid was found there did appear to be vaginal trauma on her body during the postmortem. All of this has lead to the speculation that there was a sexual component to the crime.
29. In 2003 investigates felt DNA evidence from a droplet of blood that was found in/ on JonBenet’s underwear. The DNA was from an unknown male , not related to the Ramseys. While the DNA has been put into the FBI database so far it has lead to no brand-new produces and no new developments.
30. One of the popular believes was the “Santa Claus” suppose. A male identified Bill McReynolds, who played Santa Claus along with his wife, Janet, who played Mrs. Claus, was at the Ramsey home just two days before JonBenet’s death. McReynolds described feeling very close to JonBenet and allegedly presented her a card that said, “You will receive a special endow after Christmas.” Mrs. McReynolds likewise wrote a participate about a child who is murdered and their body is discovered in a cellar. But despite these coincidences, as chill as they may be , no other ground was found to tie McReynolds to the case. McReynolds expired at age 72 of a heart attack in 2002.
31. Lou Smit, a sleuth who came out of retirement to help the District Attorney’s office with the subject in early 1997, has stated that one of his primary supposes is Gary Oliva. Oliva, a registered copulation wrongdoer, was determined with a photograph of JonBenet in his backpack when he was arrested on pharmaceutical attacks in 2000. Oliva said of the photograph, “I feel she was an exceptional girlfriend whose extinction was an exceptional loss. I felt the need to build a tombstone, a enshrine, to remember this little girl.”
32. Michael Vail, a acquaintance of Oliva’s, came forward to magazine with the information that only a date after the 1996 murder Oliva called him in distress saying,” I suffer a little girl, I hurt a little girl .” However, the DNA evidence is no longer a match to Oliva’s.
33. In 2006 at the age of 49, Patsy Ramsey croaked of ovarian cancer. She was buried at St. James Episcopal Cemetery in Marietta, Georgia, next to JonBenet.
34. 10 years after the murder, John Mark Karr acknowledged via email to murdering JonBenet to a journalism professor called Michael Tracey. Tracey had been emailing with Karr for over four years in order to addition his trust.
35. In the emails sent to Tracey, Karr utilized vernacular similar to that which was used in the ransom mention left at the Ramsey house. He also called Patsy by a name, “Neddie”, that it was strange he would even have knowledge of. Eventually, Karr confessed to being in love with JonBenet and that on that night in December, he hit her over the manager with a flashlight.
36. In a discussion with Tracey about the murder Karr said,
” I predict I might have just kind of had like a nervous breakdown at that point, I remember I must have. I imagine I must have had really something kind of clicked in my head and I kind of lost it, genuinely lost it. I mean, I simply started actually appearing strange and I only preserved searching up at her.
And then all of sudden it was like now she was dead and she once was this little girl, but now she was like a sacred deity; she was just like a goddess at that point.
She was beyond a child; she was just like when Jesus succumbed on the cross … and when Jesus expired on the cross he transcended from being a mortal to being something immortal, and that’s what she became to me.
I don’t hold damn if someone understand it or not….
I simply searched up at her I though I merely want to worship her…she’s my goddess …”
37. On August 16, 2008, with the assistance of British Intelligence and the Royal Thai Authorities, the US Department of Homeland Security was able to locate Karr in Bangkok where he had traveled to avoid child pornography fees from the government of California.
38. A few months after Karr’s confession, Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy issued a formal apologetic to John Ramsey and his family saying,” No one in the Ramsey family is considered a suspect .”
39. Despite his confession, Karr’s DNA did not pair the DNA found at the vistum of such crimes, and “hes never” charged.
40. Furthermore, Former Police Chief Mark Beckner said of Karr and Mary Lacy,” My gut reaction was that Mary Lacy did not know the facts of the case and was making a big mistake. His acknowledgment, once they shared it with us, did not match the evidence presented at the panorama. After she asked for our help in proving he did it, we knew in about 18 hours he was not the person. We were able to confirm he was not even in Colorado at the time by exactly doing some routine checking and then obtained photos of him in Georgia at the time .”
41. In the CBS documentary special, DNA specialist Dr. Henry Lee revisited the DNA found on JonBenet’s underwear. Lee concluded that it was highly possible that the DNA met was transfer Dna from the manufacturer, and proved this by testing an unopened suitcase of underwear that terminated up likewise containing draw DNA. This meant that the DNA evidence wasn’t irrefutable, and any prior supposes could in fact be JonBenet’s killer despite previously being ruled out when they were not a DNA match.
42. A popular ideology is that Patsy Ramsey, known to be a strict mom, inadvertently killed JonBenet while reprimanding her for wetting the bed. This, coupled with the fact that various experts say that the ransom memorandum was written by a woman, lead people to accept Patsy’s guilt.
43. Another ideology, vastly reinforced by the CBS special, is indicated that Burke Ramsey killed JonBenet for gobbling some of his pineapple, and that Patsy and John worked together to stage the kidnapping/ slaughter stage to keep their son out of disturb. Burke was known to show enmity towards his sister( housekeepers reported that he excreted in her bunk and rubbed feces on her Christmas presents and bedroom walls ), so this with the pineapple bowl being covered in his fingerprints, JonBenet having undigested pineapple in her organisation, and his strange testimonials where he is heard smiling and seems like he’s reciting a script guide people to the conclusion that Burke killed his little sister in 1996. In December 2016 in accordance with the special, Burke registered a lawsuit against CBS for $750 million, alleging defamation.
44. On pinnacle of his confession to Michael Tracey, John Mark Karr has maintained that while he was present when JonBenet expired, he did not act alone and wasn’t solely responsible for her slaughter. Karr claims that he knows who this killer is, but that he staged the violation scene in order to shed the police off the route. This” real murderer” has never been identifed by Karr or anyone else.
45. A particularly odd internet conspiracy ideology is that the popstar Katy Perry is actually JonBenet Ramsey. Stemming from a 2014 YouTube video( now removed ), the possibility states that the similarities in their facial arrangement substantiates Perry is actually JonBenet and claims that the Ramseys staged the murder and covered under so that JonBenet/ Katy could become famous.
46. A being identified Michael Helgoth ran near the Ramsey home and allegedly told a friend on the night of the assassination that he would be shaping” between $50,000 and $80,000 that night .” Helgoth had a record of sexual abuse and savagery, but two days after the DA announced they had constricted down a list of suspects, Helgoth committed suicide.
47. In December of 2016 powers in Colorado revealed they would be using new DNA technology on the evidence may be in the JonBenet Ramsey occurrence. However, they cautioned that this would likely not reveal anything new and that in order to make a strong subject,” brand-new answers[ would only be significant] if they can be is compatible with other sign dominions already have .”
48. Current Boulder County District Attorney Stan Garnett claims he’s very certain he knows who killed JonBenet and that, “If we can ever register a event in open tribunal, I’ll tell the world.”